Sulwhasoo Overnight Revitalizing Mask [Review]


I've only had the Sulwhasoo Overnight Revitalizing Mask for less than a week, but having used it almost every night I've been so impressed that I just had to sing its praises ASAP. Without further ado, here it is!

An overnight mask that reawakens skin's natural glow as you rest.

For the past few days my sleeping schedule has been a little erratic, and when I don't get enough sleep, my skin inevitably suffers. This mask actually gave my skin the illusion of a good night's sleep - I'd wake up with noticeably plumper, smoother, glowing skin despite getting less than 6 hours, I was amazed! And the best part? I found myself needing to prep less before foundation because my skin was so well hydrated.

Sulwhasoo recommends rinsing off this mask with warm water instead of your usual cleanser.

As I have combination skin, I apply a very thin layer on my t-zone and a more generous helping on my cheeks. A pea sized blob is really all that's needed. The mask has a creamy texture, but it's is non greasy and quick to absorb - it never feels like I have a heavy film on my face. Unlike gel sleeping packs, this doesn't leave smear marks on my pillow.


If you find your skin needing more hydration with winter around the corner, I highly recommend give this sleeping pack a go. I've been trying to convince my mother, who has very dry skin, to use sleeping packs and I'm just that confident this is the one for the job.

As for the smell, it's a warmer, weaker version of the very ginseng-y Snowise EX Exfoliating Gel I absolutely adore. If you aren't familiar with slightly spicy, herbal scents though, you may not like it as much.

For me, this mask is truly Holy Grail material ♥_ As long as it's available, I'll keep buying it.

At approx $45 (≈£29) for 120ml, the price is on par with most Western department store brands. However, considering the small amount of product needed, it's actually very reasonably priced. I can see my tube lasting months before needing a replacement.


Sulwhasoo products have a shelf life of 3 years unopened and 1 year once opened. My Revitalizing Mask has an expiry date of 18/08/2018, which meant it was only 3 weeks old when it landed in my hands - it really doesn't get any fresher than that (unless I go to Korea)!


Don't be put off by the long list of ingredients; a large portion consists of extracts of some plant. While I don't recognise most of these, they certainly make me feel better than looking at a gigantic list of chemicals.


I've also tried the Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Exfoliating Gel and Snowise EX Cleansing Foam I received last week. And they are both fantastic. So good in fact, that I've just placed another Jolse order...

So much for my spending ban, but I must have more Sulwhasoo...

No comments