Lookfantastic Beauty Box - June 2017


Admittedly, the June 2017 Lookfantastic Beauty Box isn't my favourite, but it's by no means a disappointment and I'm certainly not complaining considering it's only £11.25 per month (pre price increase). Although personally, I'd rather receive an extra product than an ELLE magazine that instantly finds it way into the nearest bin.


Kerastase Densifique Bain Densité Bodifying Shampoo, 80ml, worth £5.76 (RRP £18 for 250ml) - Haven't tried this brand before but this is a great size for travelling.


Hailey Baldwin for ModelCo Super Lips Gloss in Biz, 3ml - The website doesn't say how much product the full size (RRP £18) contains, so I'm not sure how much this is worth. Initially I wasn't a fan of the product in the tube, but having tried it on, I do quite like! It's a natural looking nude pink and the formula is acceptably comfortable for a lip gloss in that it's not too sticky, with decent staying power. Plus the scent is pleasant. It's not a shade that I'd reach for first, though.


First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads, 28 pads, worth £11.20 (RRP £24 for 60 pads) - Compact travel size, but I don't really have the need for this type of product so it will most likely be tossed somewhere and forgotten about (sadly).


Monu Rosewood Reviving Mist, 40ml, worth £4.43 (RRP £19.95 for 140ml) - Useful during the recent heatwave in the UK, but I wouldn't purchase the full size of this specific product. Personally, I much prefer pure rose water.


Balance Me Balancing Face Moisturiser, 20ml, worth £9.60 (RRP £24 for 50ml) - I don't have anything against them because their natural products really do appeal to me. However, I've had so many Balance Me samples/travel sizes from various sources (magazines, beauty boxes, GWPs) that it's very hard to be excited when I see (yet another) one of their products. In addition, the sample/trial sizes always seem to be the same few products in rotation, so when I saw this, my only thought was "meh".


Bellapierre Shimmer Powder in Exite, 2.35g, full size, worth £12.99 - Probably my favourite product in this month's box, but that isn't saying much considering the rather average (IMO) offerings. I can see this being a versatile eyeshadow/highlighter so it will be used at some point.

Not counting the ModelCo lip gloss, the June Lookfantastic beauty box is worth £43.98 - In terms of value I did get my money's worth, but honestly if I had the choice, I would have opted to skip this month.

No comments